Beacon Soccer Club News
The Beacon Soccer Club is once again proud to host the NY Red Bulls Soccer Camp the week of June 27th. In preparation for the camp, all players should visit the Red Bulls Youtube Training channel and get a head start by watching and practicing some of the skills.
Important camp information
- On the first day please arrive at least thirty minutes before the designated camp start time for check in. ALL CAMPERS SHOULD BRING A COPY OF THEIR REGISTRATION RECEIPT.
- If your player is attending a Skills, First KICK, or Mini KICK camp held in the state of New Jersey or a Residential Camp in ANY STATE, the respective board of health departments requires all campers to bring a copy of their most recent immunization records or notification explaining why the player not having been immunized. (Note: This does not apply for Team Camps.) IF YOU ARE UNSURE ON THIS REQUIREMENT PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE CAMP AT firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All campers should bring adequate water for the duration of the camp program. Players attending a Residential Camp are provided with water throughout the camp. Please see below for further Residential Camp information.
- All campers must wear shin guards.
- All parents should carefully read the FAQ guide prior to attending camp. The guide contains important safety information; you can read the online FAQs by click HERE or by visiting: http://www.redbullsacademy.com/training/camps/faqs.aspx
We look forward to seeing you and hope you have a great time at camp!
Beacon Soccer Club
2016/17 Travel Tryouts
All tryouts for travel teams have concluded. Registration is through invitation only. If your child has been selected for a travel team, you will recieve an email from the coach. Please be sure to register your child by June 20th.
Registration for Fall 2016/Spring 2017
In–House Registration Procedures and Dead Lines
March 15th: Registration Opens
July 15th: Deadline for registration with no penalty
July 31st : Last Day to register for Fall Season
August 1st: Determine Division Capacities
August 5th: Registration Re-opens to a waiting list for all Divisions, Late Fee Applies
August 10th: Players / Sponsors / Coaches All Assigned ( This will determine how many players come off of the waiting list to be assigned).
August 20th: Final Adjustments to Rosters.
August 21st: All teams will become Active (This is where all players , parents and coaches will be Notified of their teams) Coaches start contacting teams.
August 25th: Division Schedules Completed
**** Anyone on waiting list will be assigned First come First Serve.
Message to Club
Dear Beacon Soccer Club members,
Another fun filled season of soccer is about to kick-off and the BSC Board thought that this would be a great opportunity to provide you with some important information regarding the upcoming season.
Season Length & Game schedules:The spring ’16 season will start on Saturday, April 9th and run through Saturday, June 11th. The end of season club wide picnic is scheduled for Saturday, June 18. Players will remain on the same teams that they were assigned to in the fall. You should have heard from your child’s coach by now, If not please reach out to them directly or contact your division director (names listed on BSC webpage). We ask that you do not use the fields for practice until further notice. Your support with this is greatly appreciated!
Please note:* Games will be played on Saturday unless otherwise indicated on your teams’ schedule
* Date of In-house sponsor tournament will be announced next week
* No games have been scheduled for Saturday, May 28 (Memorial Weekend).
Schedules and other important information including updates on weather related delays and cancellations will be posted on the club website which can be located by attaching the following link into your web browser: www.beaconsoccerclub.com
Uniforms & Equipment:Please ensure that your child brings shin guards with them to every game and practice. No Shin Guards- No Play! It is also recommended that you buy your child a ball which should also be brought with them to every practice session.
Volunteerism:Beacon Soccer Club is 100% volunteer operated. We receive NO financial assistance from Beacon Recreation and the Beacon School district. As a result, we are solely responsible for conducting/ or paying for all tasks required to maintain and grow the club. For example: volunteers are at the field as early as 6.00am on Saturday morning to ensure that the fields lined, restroom facilities are clean and that the concession stand has those delicious (and very reasonably priced) breakfast sandwiches ready to go when you arrive at the field. Many of these volunteers are also the same ones who stay after the last games are played to assist with clean up and close out activities.
Well you ask...How can I help?
Great question! Thanks for asking...
The fact is that BSC is always on the look-out for new volunteers. Opportunities exist or can be created for anyone that has an interest in getting involved and making a positive impact on our club and community. Even if you only have a few minutes available, you can greatly assist by ensuring that water & sports drink bottles are properly placed in one of the many garbage receptacles that are located around the fields.
Please feel free to contact any member of the board in you have an interest in finding out more information on how you can get involved.
Parking:Beacon City School administration continues to voice concerns regarding the parking situation at Sargent School. They have kindly asked that BSC members refrain from parking in the following areas:
* Fire lanes
* Grass around Administration Building
* Parking spots designated for Superintendent of schools.
We think that this is a fair request! Please assist us in maintaining our excellent relationship with the school administration by complying with their request. Additional parking is available in the lower lots which can be accesses through the entrance route 9D entrance into Sargent School.
Thanks again for being a part of the Beacon Soccer Club. We wish you and your “soccer star” a wonderful season and look forward to seeing you at the field!
BSC Board of Directors
Beacon Soccer Club
PO Box 802
Beacon, NY 12508